ABSENCES AND EARLY DISMISSALS
When your child is absent from school or has an early dismissal, you now have the option of submitting an excuse electronically by clicking the above link. If you choose to submit a written note, please be sure to include the date of the absence, your child's first and last name, his/her six-digit ID number, and the reason for the absence.
It is not necessary to call on the day of the absence.
TAKING A TRIP
While we do not encourage the taking of trips during the school year, we realize that it is sometimes unavoidable. If your child(ren) will be absent from school for more than two days due to travel, you must fill out a Trip Request Form. This form can be obtained in the office or downloaded by clicking the link above. The form must be submitted at least one week in advance. After completing the form, have your child give it to their homeroom teacher. The teacher will sign the form and submit it to the principal for approval.
In an effort to increase student safety, the following dismissal options will be utilized for all students.
1. Ride the bus If a student is assigned a bus and unless a parent chooses one of the other approved options, we are expecting them to ride the bus home.
2. Approved walker Students who live in the very specific designated walker area are permitted to walk home. There is a maintained list of these students that is shared with teachers. Only students on this list will be dismissed as a walker.
3. Front door pick up If a parent/guardian needs to pick up a student on any given day, the parent (person picking up) signs the student out in the lobby on the labeled clipboard. This clipboard will be removed at 3:10. The student is then called to the front entrance for dismissal. Students will then be matched to the person picking them up. The individual picking up should be prepared to show proper identification. Please do not park in the front circle of the school.
After 3:10, parents will need to sign students out on the late list. Please note that these students will not be called until approximately 3:25.
4. Permanent side door pick-up This option is for parents who will be picking up a student every day. Students wait in the multi-purpose room and are sent out to greet their parents’ vehicle. Parents are also provided with a sign to help ensure overall safety.
Please sign-up for this option via this link
5. YMCA Students participating in the afterschool program will be riding a bus to the Y.
6. Private Transport Van Students are escorted to their dismissal location.
Thank you for your participation and cooperation to help improve the safety of our students.
Visitor Procedures/Lobby Guard
Upon entering the building, please use the LobbyGuard system. You will need to have your driver's license with you to use the system. The monitor works as a touch screen.
Screen 1) Press the “start” button.
Screen 2) Select one of the options (visitor, pickup, outside agency, drop off, or volunteer).
Screen 3) Agree to our volunteer confidentiality agreement.
Screen 4) Touch the green button to take a current picture.
Screen 5) Scan your driver’s license. The scanner is located under the left corner of the monitor. Simply scan the bar located on the back of your license by lining it up with the red +.
Screen 6) The final step in the process is to obtain your badge if one is required (see below). You must then press the button on the wall to be buzzed into the office.
If you are coming into the school as a visitor, outside agency, or volunteer, the system will print you a badge that must be worn visibly the entire time that you are in the building.